Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Failsafe install for v3.7

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Failsafe install for v3.7

    I am wanting to try the 2.6 kernel for video and sound support. The kernel boots fine from the CD on my celeron system and identifies the video and sound now. Trying to run knoppix-installer I am confronted with a lot of copy errors from the cd. This is also the case with the older distribution using the 2.4 kernel. Reading the forums I gather this is not an isolated problem. I am not convinced the errors are actually due to a badly burnt CD as I have tried many combinations etc. Seems more like a problem with the old ATA33 IDE implementation and the older hd. On the old distrribution I can install to hd by booting the failsafe kernel and this will go nice and slowly till the install is complete - no errors. I dont have enough details of what is not in the failsafe kernel or if I can effect the same result by passing some parameters to the kernel at boot. I have tried the usual suspects and combinations of these that might relate to the ide access to no avail. I am not certain of how of if there is a means to boot the 2.6 kernel in a failsafe mode the same as the 2.4 kernel. eg failsafe2.6??? Any tips for me?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    knoppix26 nodma noscis
    works for me on a old crappy 120Mhz with ata33

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix only boots failsafe
    By dohpaz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 05:32 AM
  2. What do you do when failsafe or testcd won't even boot?
    By Drax946 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 08:40 PM
  3. USB With Failsafe Boot
    By End_User in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:34 PM
  4. Failsafe and 2.6 work
    By BusaDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:15 AM
  5. failsafe mode
    By twmspro in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black picture

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black

$165.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001 picture

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001

$99.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99