-
Well a Newb learns from his mistakes!
Lesson number 1:
Dont burn a CD copy of Knoppix 6.2 to a DVD!!! When I tried to install to HDD it completely messed up the process and didtn properly install the GRUB, I think it overwrote the Boot.ini for windows. Due to it being a CD Copy on a DVD, am I write in thinking the install process wasnt completed properly due to this, or could it be a bad download as I DL'd it straight from my browser? What a school boy error by oneself!
Anyway I am currently re DL'ing a dvd version via a Torrent and will go for round two.
Should a 4GB USB drive be sufficiant to install it to, or should i use my 120GB in case?
Any help greatly appreciated, and thanks for the welcome Clinton.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Did you do the md5 test on the download?
-
No, I am going to now though.
Similar Threads
-
By Matt S in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 03:26 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-30-2005, 11:28 AM
-
By tlo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 01:04 PM
-
By AliveUD in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By knokoutned in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30

2.0 LBS Vintage Scrap Memory RAM FOR Gold Recovery PC & SERVER RAM UNSHIELDED
$110.00

Vintage Apple IIc TV Switch Box A2M4041 825-0814-A RF Switch Original Accessory
$23.00

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00

Vintage Rare IBM ThinkPad G40 Laptop Untested Parts Only
$59.95

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00