Try locate where is bootmisc.sh script is.....usually in /etc/init.d/.
You need to add link to this script to to your /etc/rcX.d
run : upadate-rc.d bootmisc.sh defaults
![]()
![]()
Correction: it should be /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh. Sorry for the typing mistake.
Hi All: Just installed 3.7 to hard drive. Everything works great, except that the sript /etc/bootmisc.sh doesn't seem to be executed on my machine during booting. I'm sure it's me, but could anybody help. Note: Another Debian-based distribution (installed to hard drive) I tried, does execute the /etc/bootmisc.sh during booting.
Many thanks, and best regards to all,
Serge Matovic.
[email protected]
Try locate where is bootmisc.sh script is.....usually in /etc/init.d/.
You need to add link to this script to to your /etc/rcX.d
run : upadate-rc.d bootmisc.sh defaults
![]()
![]()
Thanks Shah for your reply. I did the following, as root: "update-rc.d bootmisc.sh defaults" and yes, the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh script runs during boot, ***but*** I cannot log in, i.e., it says "System bootup in progress-please wait".
Try remove all bootmisc.sh symlink in all rc0.d--------->rcX.d except in rcS.d.
![]()
Hi shah: did exactly as you instructed. The results are:
1) Yes, the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh is executed during booting.
2) No, it still won't let me log in.
Just wanted to ask you, in Knoppix, where is the preferred location to put my own scripts that I want executed during booting?
Many thanks,
serge.
There is something missing when bootmisc.sh is running. I believed it has something to do with this line:
echo "System bootup in progress - please wait" > /etc/nologin
cp /etc/nologin /etc/nologin.boot
Check if rmnologin script is also running.
update-rc.d rmnologin defaults
If you run knoppix with Desktop.......it will boot to level5 (init5).
So the prefered location will be /etc/rc5.d.
But if you want to run that script on all level you, put it in rcS.d.
It will be just fine if you just run : update-rc.d <nameofscript> default......and let the script handle it.
![]()
![]()

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Sealed HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen9 2x E5-2699v3 384GB 2x300GB 15K SAS 727021-B21
$2499.95
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08