-
Problems After 3.7 Inatall on HD
New Knoppix user here, coming to after several years with Linux.
I've installed 3.7 on a harddrive. Some issues have arisen:
1) The machine has two hard drives. I want to put /home and /usr/local on .dev.hdb, the second drive. I used qparted to make and commit the appropriate partitions, but the install script did not honor those changes. How can I tell the install script that I want my partitions spread over two drivers?
2) I'm using an LCD flat panel and an Nvidia video card. I run the monitor at its native resolution of 1280x1024. The install script did not detect my monitor or the card. Since Knoppix is Debian-based, I ran "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86". However, the existing XF86Config-4 file was not altered. So, I edited it by hand. Still, at every reboot, I see messages that Knoppix has detected a generic monitor and is defaulting to incorrect refresh rates and resolutions. KDE is, in fact running at 1280x1024.
3. Fonts display quality is inadequate. I've installed the collection of MS fonts I keep around for that purpose, as well as a ~/.fonts.conf that I've used to good effect on other distributions, including regular Debian. I've configured fonts in KDE and selected anti-aliasing. However, fonts are much smaller than they should be and not all fonts are aliased (e.g., in Konsole). How can I fix this.
4. It was my understanding that klik was presintalled in 3.7. However, when I try to install something at klik,sf.net, the browser -- Mozilla or Konquerer -- reports that the klik protocal is not supported.
I've used a few Knoppix-based distributions (MEPIS and Munjoy in particular) and these problems did not appear. Appreciate any advice.
BillG
Similar Threads
-
By Ish Rattan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 04:11 AM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB BATTERY ISSUE
$474.99

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Apple Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$614.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00