I apologize for the spam, but I managed to fix the problem on my own by running netcardconfig, if anyone else has this problem you can just run
"sudo netcardconfig"
I just installed Knoppix 3.6 on a new laptop (Thinkpad T41p). However when I first reboot the system it does not enable eth0.
I am able to issue a
"ifconfig eth0 up"
"pump -i eth0"
manually and everything is fine. I tried searching the forums but was not able to find a post with similar problems.
What files do I need to modify to cause this to occur automatically?
Thanks in advance!
I apologize for the spam, but I managed to fix the problem on my own by running netcardconfig, if anyone else has this problem you can just run
"sudo netcardconfig"

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00