Not all of /etc/skel is copied to /home/knoppix. The files/directories that get copied are in the script /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession, so you'd need to add things to the lines of that script that does the copying.
WHY? WTF? HOW TO FIX?![]()
Not all of /etc/skel is copied to /home/knoppix. The files/directories that get copied are in the script /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession, so you'd need to add things to the lines of that script that does the copying.
See my HOWTO http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867. Search the HOWTO for rsync. arkaine23 is correct you have to modifiy the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file.
UnderScore's howto and Fabian's scripts have been very helpful to me in getting something that actually boots, but I am having the same problem as the OP. In particular, changes to the start menu don't take - I think the relevant file is ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu. This is in spite of making the edit suggested by UnderScore. Shouldn't this (the edit) remove the need to add specific files to 45xsession if they are in /home/knoppix (which gets moved to /etc/skel according to UnderScore's howto)? I'm confused ...
It's OK now tnx
So what precisely did you do? Follow the suggestions in James's (UnderScore's) howto, or somethig else?
I edited /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession : I added the filename I need to the comand in the next line afterOriginally Posted by donnek
"# Copy profiles if not already present"![]()

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00