-
Where does the default /home/knoppix come from in 3.2 ?
I'm working on remastering Knoppix 3.2 at the moment for the Irish Linux Users Group as a Linuxworld giveaway. Although this is not a new area to me (I'm a contributor to the LNX-BBC project) I'm puzzled as to where the default contents of /home/knoppix come from. I guessed it was /etc/skel but that's not true, as I put a marker file there which didn't end up in /home/knoppix. I've looked in /linuxrc and it doesn't appear to be there, but nor can I find it in any of the /etc/init.d scripts. My turnaround time for a new burn of Knoppix is about 30 minutes, so trial and error is expensive with time, and the show starts tomorrow :-) What blindingly obvious thing am I missing ?
Kindest regards,
Niall O Broin
Similar Threads
-
By calbee in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:32 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:50 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By mag in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2002, 07:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46