-
Where does the default /home/knoppix come from in 3.2 ?
I'm working on remastering Knoppix 3.2 at the moment for the Irish Linux Users Group as a Linuxworld giveaway. Although this is not a new area to me (I'm a contributor to the LNX-BBC project) I'm puzzled as to where the default contents of /home/knoppix come from. I guessed it was /etc/skel but that's not true, as I put a marker file there which didn't end up in /home/knoppix. I've looked in /linuxrc and it doesn't appear to be there, but nor can I find it in any of the /etc/init.d scripts. My turnaround time for a new burn of Knoppix is about 30 minutes, so trial and error is expensive with time, and the show starts tomorrow :-) What blindingly obvious thing am I missing ?
Kindest regards,
Niall O Broin
Similar Threads
-
By calbee in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:32 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:50 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By mag in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-24-2002, 07:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99