-
Language change when remastering... Uuhgg!
I am using the "copy "KNOPPIX" to the hard drive and "Chroot"
method of remastering. All seems to go well, execpt for some
reason I keep changing the language of KDE from English to
German, and others.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Jeff
-
KDE
You should be able to change it in the control center.
-
changing default language
the default language setup is in a file called "knoppix-autoconfig" which I beleive is in /etc/init.d/
I can't tell you the exact settings to "tweak" to get it working perfectly and if you find the solution I'd really like to hear what you did exactly cause I'm having some problems getting it to work with a distro called kurumin which is a distro based in brazil and I can't seem to get in touch with anybody else who's sucessfully changed the default language.
I do hope this helps you.
-
Junior Member
registered user
When I remasterise knoppix for french with an english or deutch version I only modify in the file etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig line 88 language definition like below and it's enought to work fine.
### localization
# Allow language specification via commandline. The default language
# will be overridden via "lang=de" boot commandline
LANGUAGE="$(getbootparam lang 2>/dev/null)"
[ -n "$LANGUAGE" ] || LANGUAGE="fr"
here "fr" replace standard "de"
hadrien001
-
i cant edit knoppix-autoconfig cos its read-only. i tried root and chmod so i can edit but to no avail. anyone got a solution to this problem? very annoying to have german after hd based install and esp since i downloaded the -en iso.
Similar Threads
-
By plener in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By Sigmatador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:21 AM
-
By uraclea2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 10:15 PM
-
By kamming in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By Marquis_24 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 05:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00