Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Language change when remastering... Uuhgg!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2

    Language change when remastering... Uuhgg!

    I am using the "copy "KNOPPIX" to the hard drive and "Chroot"
    method of remastering. All seems to go well, execpt for some
    reason I keep changing the language of KDE from English to
    German, and others.

    Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

    Thanks
    Jeff

  2. #2

    KDE

    You should be able to change it in the control center.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    changing default language

    the default language setup is in a file called "knoppix-autoconfig" which I beleive is in /etc/init.d/

    I can't tell you the exact settings to "tweak" to get it working perfectly and if you find the solution I'd really like to hear what you did exactly cause I'm having some problems getting it to work with a distro called kurumin which is a distro based in brazil and I can't seem to get in touch with anybody else who's sucessfully changed the default language.

    I do hope this helps you.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    grenoble - france
    Posts
    14
    When I remasterise knoppix for french with an english or deutch version I only modify in the file etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig line 88 language definition like below and it's enought to work fine.


    ### localization
    # Allow language specification via commandline. The default language
    # will be overridden via "lang=de" boot commandline
    LANGUAGE="$(getbootparam lang 2>/dev/null)"
    [ -n "$LANGUAGE" ] || LANGUAGE="fr"

    here "fr" replace standard "de"

    hadrien001

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9
    i cant edit knoppix-autoconfig cos its read-only. i tried root and chmod so i can edit but to no avail. anyone got a solution to this problem? very annoying to have german after hd based install and esp since i downloaded the -en iso.

Similar Threads

  1. cannot change language
    By plener in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:01 AM
  2. Language and remastering
    By Sigmatador in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:21 AM
  3. Change Terminal Language
    By uraclea2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 10:15 PM
  4. change language after HDD install
    By kamming in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 12:54 AM
  5. Language Change
    By Marquis_24 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 05:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM picture

SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM

$160.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99