Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: win doesn't play nice with my knoppix hd install :(

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Varied
    Posts
    3

    win doesn't play nice with my knoppix hd install :(

    Hello all

    I just installed knoppix to my system and have been playing around with the sixes of my partitions .. unfotunatly every time I try to partition a d: drive for windows it dissapears .. qtparted says its hidden but I have no idea why its doing that .. sometimes I can use the drive two or three times then it just dissappears... any suggestions would be appreciated. I thought perhaps it has something to do with the mbr .. would it be located mid drive???

    lilo to my mbr,
    hda1 is a ghost drive
    hda2 primary windowsXP - which i oly keep for games
    hda3 secondary windowsXp
    hda4 for knoppix hd install
    hda5 swap


    Thank you in advance
    paradox

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: win doesn't play nice with my knoppix hd install :(

    Quote Originally Posted by paradox_4
    Hello all

    I just installed knoppix to my system and have been playing around with the sixes of my partitions ..
    Do you mean sexes? I didn't know partitions had gender. Oh you probably mean sizes!

    You can select/change the filetype (from hidden to normal) with cfdisk. I once lost my windows drive by having QTparted make it hidden. tokk a while to figure out what was going on but everything recovered OK once I reset to normal vfat instead of hidden vfat.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    win doesn't play nice with my knoppix hd install :(

    Same problem here.

    After 6 years of running linux\windows dual boot setups, suddenly they're not playing nicely together...

    XP has lost hda2 and hda3 (D: and E respectively, although Debian can see everything as normal. I backed up the files to DVD-RW with k3b but I need to know why the partitions in XP are visible but marked as unknown filesystems, so I can prevent it happening again.

    Can't understand why hda1 is not corrupting as well. Or hdc3 and 4, also NTFS...

    I restored the system and booted between the two for four days before it happened again...

    The system has been up and running for 9 months without problems. No viruses or trojans.

    All NTFS drives are mounted read-only and I'm not using captive or lufs.

    Any ideas?...

    --
    Toosmoky.
    Ride the Penguin...
    http://toosmoky.d2.net.au

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 03:11 AM
  2. anyone play scourge? I can't install it!
    By jehan60188 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:45 PM
  3. a nice way to install Knoppix, but...
    By yanggers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:33 PM
  4. How to play DVDs with hard drive install?
    By tonylmiller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 02:14 AM
  5. How to install second Knoppix to play with? - Solved !
    By janmartin3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$13.99



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46