Confession: I've been distribution-hopping, and I've got myself in a bit of a fix. I was briefly on Knoppix, before switching back to Debian. Now, I would like to get rid of the Knoppix-specific packages and go back to straight Debian (or possibly another .deb-based dist).
For the most part, the Knoppix packages de-install just fine, with one notable and very annoying exception in my case.
If I attempt to remove kde-menu-knoppix, it assumes that I don't want *any* menu entries in KDE. Huh? When I installed this package, it evidently hijacked the menu entries for KDE. It must have taken them from wherever distributions like Debian normally look for them, and placed them in a Knoppix-only location. Upon removal, it *should* put the menu entries back in the standard location, but it doesn't.
If I remove the package, I'm left without my entire KDE menu system (including several customized menu entries). If I then reinstall the package, all my menu entries come back (so I know that they're safely stored *somewhere* on my computer).
How can I remove this distribution-specific package (kde-menu-knoppix), and still keep my menu entries?

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR ProSAFE GS105E 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch Built for Business
$11.00
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$22.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99