Could you post your boot.ini file?
Mabye its in there.
Yes I did it! I am dual booting Windows XP now with Knoppix 3.6. This is one sweet OS!! I intend to use it for my email and internet access instead of XP.
I used a utility called Bootpart (boot loader) to create an entry in boot.ini an entry so I can boot Knoppix from my 2nd hard drive. This made it SO easy!!! Bootpart automagically creates the entry for you in your boot.ini file!!!!! It is a virtual NO BRAINER!!! This incidently is the utility that the old Corel Linux used when it was still in existence.
When I boot up and Knoppix starts to load, I get a nice Knoppix screen with lots of options, the 2 kernels, and XP, etc.
What I want to know is this: Is there a way to modify this Knoppix boot menu so that I can add "the expert mode" option? I assume there is a file to modify somewhere. Something similar to the lilo file? Or maybe it is the lilo file? I assume this would be easy if I knew where to look.
sakiZ
Could you post your boot.ini file?
Mabye its in there.
[Boot Loader]
timeout=30
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microso ft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
C:\BOOTPART\bootsect.lnx="Knoppix"
This is my boot.ini file. So, it's some other place. At least it gives you a sample of what a boot.ini file looks like using the Bootpart utility.
sakiZ
I found out the answer. Very simple.
After I get the nice boot menu, I just press the tab key.
The graphical interface menu changes to a command line boot prompt.
I can type in any "cheat code" or boot option I want.
I LOVE THIS OS!!!
sakiZ
Is there any similar utility able to handle W98, W98SE, and WinME?
Hi sakiZ, which file system is your XP running on? According to Bootpart web site Bootpart2.5 can only do FAT file system? I am hoping your XP OS is using NTFS as I am very interested in using the Bootpart program so that I won't mess up the "mbr" file should I need to delete/reinstall Knoppix.
Ok, once I downloaded the bootpart zip file, unzip it then what do I do? (how do you install it)? Thanks for your help/feedback.
My situation:
HD#1 2 partitions all in NTFS , 1st partition W2K Pro OS, 2nd partition data files
HD#2 2 partitions, 1st partition FAT32 (empty), 2nd partition NTFS data files
I would like to use HD#2, 1st partition (15G) to install Knoppix V3.6 or V3.7

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00