-
Senior Member
registered user
Question After Successful HDD Install!
Yes I did it! I am dual booting Windows XP now with Knoppix 3.6. This is one sweet OS!! I intend to use it for my email and internet access instead of XP.
I used a utility called Bootpart (boot loader) to create an entry in boot.ini an entry so I can boot Knoppix from my 2nd hard drive. This made it SO easy!!! Bootpart automagically creates the entry for you in your boot.ini file!!!!! It is a virtual NO BRAINER!!! This incidently is the utility that the old Corel Linux used when it was still in existence.
When I boot up and Knoppix starts to load, I get a nice Knoppix screen with lots of options, the 2 kernels, and XP, etc.
What I want to know is this: Is there a way to modify this Knoppix boot menu so that I can add "the expert mode" option? I assume there is a file to modify somewhere. Something similar to the lilo file? Or maybe it is the lilo file? I assume this would be easy if I knew where to look.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By monogram in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By wishkah in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-10-2005, 04:46 AM
-
By Nataki in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By HaroldK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 20
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
-
By ndrake in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08