-
Junior Member
registered user
This is my situation...
I have a Debian testing/unstable system... and the USB-memory works really nice... it is detected when I plug it in ( USB-storage compiled into the kernel) and I have no problems with it... it is detected at /dev/sdb since I allready have one scsi-disk. ( a real one that is /dev/sda)
but when I try to boot Knoppix on my system the USB-memory is not detected. and since it is not detected I can not mount it as my home directory.
If I, when knoppix has booted, run modprobe usb-storage the USB-memory is available for mounting but that is to late to use it as my home-directory.
My system is like this:
AMD XP1500+
MSI K7T266 Pro2
256Mb DDR
2 x 80 Gb WD harddrives (hda and hdd)
1 x 40 Gb IBM harddrive (hdc)
1 x 18,3 Gb IBM UltraStar SCSI (sda)
1 x DVD-rom ( hdb)
1 x PlexWriter SCSI (sr1)
1 x Plextor Ultraplex SCSI (sr0)
Tekram DC-390F (SCSI-card)
PoV Geforce3 Ti200 128Mb DDR
AOpen AW744 (soundcard)
bt878-based TV-card (Hauppage)
I hope this cleared things up a bit.
/LinuxSam
Similar Threads
-
By JeffBonn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 05:37 AM
-
By Blisset in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:50 PM
-
By BillyBobber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
-
By tjcw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:16 PM
-
By Fritz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99