Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Booting 3.7 issue...

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536

    Booting 3.7 issue...

    When I boot into 3.7(hd install) during the boot process it says it cannot load modules 2.6.8.1-10mdk no such file or directory. This is the enrty for my Mandrake install. It seems to be trying to get the correct knoppix modules from there and not from the knoppix place, where ever that is. When I try to do modconf to add certain modules myself, there are none at all there to load. How do I get it to load the knoppix modules and keep its nose out of the Mandrake modules? This also happens when I boot into RH9. I never got anything configured there yet anyway so that doesn't matter much.
    I did add all of the entries into lilo myself except for the mandrake one, that is the lilo i'm using. Does it maybe have something to do with that? Any help appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kenya
    Posts
    16
    Since you say ANY help appreciated, here are some thoughts from a noob. When I used the Reiserfs system for Knoppix 3.7 I recieved a kernel panic message, even when I edited the Grub menu.lst appropriately in Mandrake. But when I reinstalled Knoppix with the ext3 filesystem (instead of Reiserfs) I had no problems booting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Booting 3.7 issue...

    Quote Originally Posted by rrfish72
    When I boot into 3.7(hd install) during the boot process it says it cannot load modules 2.6.8.1-10mdk no such file or directory. This is the enrty for my Mandrake install. It seems to be trying to get the correct knoppix modules from there and not from the knoppix place, where ever that is. When I try to do modconf to add certain modules myself, there are none at all there to load. How do I get it to load the knoppix modules and keep its nose out of the Mandrake modules? This also happens when I boot into RH9. I never got anything configured there yet anyway so that doesn't matter much.
    I did add all of the entries into lilo myself except for the mandrake one, that is the lilo i'm using. Does it maybe have something to do with that? Any help appreciated.
    please post your lilo.conf. I had more or less the same thing happen except it kept wanting to load knoppix instead of mandrake. I thik the cure was to specify the whole path for the mandrake init etc even though I was told this shouldn't be necessary.

Similar Threads

  1. Booting Issue
    By Tyreses in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 10:12 PM
  2. issue with knoppix 3.4
    By ChronusDark in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 11:08 PM
  3. MBR issue
    By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
  4. apt-get issue
    By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
  5. USB issue for VIA chipsets !!!!!!
    By ktheking in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 8-Core 16 Thread LGA 1200 11th Gen Desktop CPU SRKND picture

Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 8-Core 16 Thread LGA 1200 11th Gen Desktop CPU SRKND

$270.00



Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 (Type 10115) Mini PC Brand New Console Only 4GBram 500gb picture

Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 (Type 10115) Mini PC Brand New Console Only 4GBram 500gb

$300.00



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz

$165.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.40GHz 8 Core 100-000000651 16 Thread AM4 CPU picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.40GHz 8 Core 100-000000651 16 Thread AM4 CPU

$290.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95