-
Junior Member
registered user
Dual Boot, LILO and XP
I am very impressed with Knoppix! I downloaded an iso file and burned a CD. The CD booted without any problems and in less than 5 minutes I was surfing the Internet with Mozilla via my router and cable modem. It just doesn't get any better than that!
Now I would like to install Knoppix to a hard drive. I have two hard drives with plenty of room on "C" drive to install Knoppix. My current configuration is Win98 on hard drive "C" and WinXP on hard drive "D" in a dual boot setup using the WinXP boot loader. I believe the boot sector of "C" calls the WinXP boot loader and it uses files in "C" root to display a menu and then boot the selected OS.
So, the question is can I install LILO such that it gives me a choice of booting Knoppix or Windows? And if I choose Windows would I get the WinXP boot loader with the choice between Win98 and WinXP?
jimbo
Similar Threads
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By Bonster in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 10:52 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By snarkfinder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
-
By willowwillow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99