Shall I go ahead and move this to the HDD Install forum now?![]()
currently running v3.6 and want to upgrade to v3.7 . are there a simple set of commands to do this after booting up with the 3.7 cd ? or something else that must be done. ? found nothing on google to help in this situation.![]()
Shall I go ahead and move this to the HDD Install forum now?![]()
sure i guess, forum called "general support"
I'm not sure what you're saying. Since you would be running 3.7 when you boot 3.7 I was thinking that you must be talking about Knoppix installed to hd. If that's the case, you'll likely get much better responses to this question there. If you feel I'm trying to throw you out of this section, that's not the case, I just thought your question would get to the people who will best know the answers, not everyone reads all the sections.
ok will do!
Wherever this gets posted, the answer is: No, there is not a simple way to upgrade from knoppix 3.6 to 3.7 other than replacing your 3.6 installation with 3.7. You can keep your 3.6 installation up to date by upgrading the individual applications to the latest versions.
Check first to see if there is a big enough difference from 3.6 to 3.7. It may not be worth the effort, especially if you have put a considerable amount of work into setting up your 3.6 installation. I am still using 3.4, I found minimal difference from 3.4 to 3.6. I haven't looked at 3.7 yet, I am currently upgrading instead to kanotix because it is less buggy than knoppix.

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99