-
How to install new programs when running from CDR?
I am using knoppix 3.6 and it has a live installer feature which seems to enable it to install new programs which are already on the distribution disk, but how can I install all the software I already have which are tar.gzipped and are not Debian distributions. I tried to install Bestcrypt using the usual 'make - make install' but it failed during the 'make install' because it tried to store some files to the CD which of course is read only. Just to make clear that I want to run knoppix from the CDR and I don't want to install it on hard disk. Also I want to run completely diskless, so any newly installed programs would have to go onto the ramdisk.
Apologies if this is in the documentation but I can't access it at the moment!
Thanks for any help
BlueGirl
Similar Threads
-
By CMDR Sweeper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 06:12 PM
-
By computerman0216 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:35 AM
-
By Tuschedz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By brainlessdumb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM
-
By Mycroft1855 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Octa Vacuum Vacuum Dock Whale Tail-Tablet Mount for iPad, Galaxy, Surface More
$36.00

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99