-
Confused new user
OK. I have got Knoppix working fine on my laptop and also fine on a VMWARE session. I want to use it on my desktop but I cannot even get it to load.
When its starts up, it goes to the blue logon screen (I presume from reading here that I get this as I have an AMD processor)
After i hit enter to load up the software it goes to a black screen and just sits there. I have tried to load it with all the failsafe commands etc too and it always does the same.
The firthest I have got is hitting F2 to go to the options screen and choosing failsafe. It then stop son the "Uncompressing Linux....OK, booting the kernal" line.
Any ideas? As this is frustrating as hell.
PC is an AMD 1900+
256MB
ATI Radeon VE AGP
version is 2003-03-26
TIA
Similar Threads
-
By samhainbaphomet in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
-
By hogwash in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By poundsmack in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
-
By OMFG in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:26 AM
-
By none1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99