Which chipset (or: which motherboard)? That's the missing puzzle-piece. It matters. nForce chipsets are not all well-supported.Originally Posted by phoward
OK. I have got Knoppix working fine on my laptop and also fine on a VMWARE session. I want to use it on my desktop but I cannot even get it to load.
When its starts up, it goes to the blue logon screen (I presume from reading here that I get this as I have an AMD processor)
After i hit enter to load up the software it goes to a black screen and just sits there. I have tried to load it with all the failsafe commands etc too and it always does the same.
The firthest I have got is hitting F2 to go to the options screen and choosing failsafe. It then stop son the "Uncompressing Linux....OK, booting the kernal" line.
Any ideas? As this is frustrating as hell.
PC is an AMD 1900+
256MB
ATI Radeon VE AGP
version is 2003-03-26
TIA
Which chipset (or: which motherboard)? That's the missing puzzle-piece. It matters. nForce chipsets are not all well-supported.Originally Posted by phoward
As far as I know its an Explorer (MS-6511).
its running a VIA chipset
more info here:
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/explorer.htm
yay for google

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper Network QFX5100-48S-AFO 48x SFP/SFP+ 6x 40GbE QSFP+ Switch w/ Dual power
$223.20
Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99