Which chipset (or: which motherboard)? That's the missing puzzle-piece. It matters. nForce chipsets are not all well-supported.Originally Posted by phoward
OK. I have got Knoppix working fine on my laptop and also fine on a VMWARE session. I want to use it on my desktop but I cannot even get it to load.
When its starts up, it goes to the blue logon screen (I presume from reading here that I get this as I have an AMD processor)
After i hit enter to load up the software it goes to a black screen and just sits there. I have tried to load it with all the failsafe commands etc too and it always does the same.
The firthest I have got is hitting F2 to go to the options screen and choosing failsafe. It then stop son the "Uncompressing Linux....OK, booting the kernal" line.
Any ideas? As this is frustrating as hell.
PC is an AMD 1900+
256MB
ATI Radeon VE AGP
version is 2003-03-26
TIA
Which chipset (or: which motherboard)? That's the missing puzzle-piece. It matters. nForce chipsets are not all well-supported.Originally Posted by phoward
As far as I know its an Explorer (MS-6511).
its running a VIA chipset
more info here:
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/explorer.htm
yay for google

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter
$74.99
Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5gb W/Rack Mount Kit W/Keystones and Original hardware.
$500.00
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99