Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: One question in my customizing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    One question in my customizing

    First of all,i should apololigize for my poor english lol.

    I am try custmizing Chinese(simplified code) knoppix which is based on KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso . when I almost done.i found out there is some non-free package has been installed in KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso before,such as Package: 3270-common and so on.
    Maybe I was no necessary about it,but I also wanna ask the users here, if I put my customized version on Internet,is it allowed in law??

    waiting for your answer,thx a lot

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    83

    Re: One question in my customizing

    Quote Originally Posted by akibaleon
    First of all,i should apololigize for my poor english lol.
    Your English is fine, I would guess that for most people in these forums English is not their native language.

    Quote Originally Posted by akibaleon
    Maybe I was no necessary about it,but I also wanna ask the users here, if I put my customized version on Internet,is it allowed in law??
    Check the licenses for each package you include. As long as the packages are distributed under an Open Source license (check the OSF site), you should be OK. Laws change a lot from country to country, so you might need to do some basic research. Sometimes it is illegal/forbidden to distribute, but not to install and use.

    --GN

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Very appreciated to your advice.i decided delete the non-free packages to avoid possible problems in law.

Similar Threads

  1. customizing
    By thrustan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
  2. some help customizing knoppix please?
    By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 08:28 AM
  3. KDE customizing
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:15 AM
  4. Customizing Knoppix!
    By praveen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 10:48 PM
  5. customizing kde
    By pap2003 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.75