-
One question in my customizing
First of all,i should apololigize for my poor english lol.
I am try custmizing Chinese(simplified code) knoppix which is based on KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso . when I almost done.i found out there is some non-free package has been installed in KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso before,such as Package: 3270-common and so on.
Maybe I was no necessary about it,but I also wanna ask the users here, if I put my customized version on Internet,is it allowed in law??
waiting for your answer,thx a lot
-
Re: One question in my customizing

Originally Posted by
akibaleon
First of all,i should apololigize for my poor english lol.
Your English is fine, I would guess that for most people in these forums English is not their native language.

Originally Posted by
akibaleon
Maybe I was no necessary about it,but I also wanna ask the users here, if I put my customized version on Internet,is it allowed in law??
Check the licenses for each package you include. As long as the packages are distributed under an Open Source license (check the OSF site), you should be OK. Laws change a lot from country to country, so you might need to do some basic research. Sometimes it is illegal/forbidden to distribute, but not to install and use.
--GN
-
Very appreciated to your advice.i decided delete the non-free packages to avoid possible problems in law.
Similar Threads
-
By thrustan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
-
By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 08:28 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:15 AM
-
By praveen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 10:48 PM
-
By pap2003 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro SBE-710E-R75 7U SuperBlade Enclosure Chassis w/ 8x PWS-2K53-BR PSU
$999.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99