-
Junior Member
registered user
Upgrade kernel? Newb help needed
I've recently installed knoppix on my laptop, and at the lilo boot screen it gives me the usual options - linux, then a 2.4 kernel, a 2.6 kernel and the xp install that's on there. I'd been leaving it to it's default, which I'm now thinking was a bad idea, as I couldn't get my intellimouse recognised and I had no chance of installing the radeon m11 9700 gfx card. I was playing around and booted into the 2.6(.5) kernel and it picked up my mouse straight away!! I thought that the default boot option would have been the latest kernel/version. So my question is, how can I upgrade the default one to be latest kernel, as I'm guessing it will have more support for the hardware etc?
Could anyone give me any pointers?
Thanks a lot
Mors
Similar Threads
-
By 3037 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2006, 01:51 AM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-19-2005, 06:39 PM
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:52 PM
-
By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD RYZEN 7 9800X3D 8-Core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor
$399.00

Lot of 21 Intel Core i7 8thGen CPU Processors
$1599.99

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00