-
HD install on a small HD (1.4Gb)
Sorry if this information is in another post, but the Documentation link isn't working, and I'm too lazy to trawl...
Although I'm not a complete newbie to linux (I can cope with using a shell...) how might I install Knoppix on the HD of my ageing laptop? It runs OK from the CD, and the X server runs ok - so I know it does work.
The beast (!) is an old Compaq Armada 1530:
48Mb RAM, and a 1.4Gb HDD.
(Pentium MMX for those interested)
I have tried using knoppix-install, but it demands 2Gb!!! (Some of us still live in a land where 512Mb was the HDD size, and RAM was counted in kilobytes, those were the days...)
Are there any params I can pass to knoppix-install to persuade it not to install everything (I can do without fancy Windowmanagers and the like, although a functional office suite would be nice)
Many thanks for any help!
Edit: I suspect a poor man's install is what is needed, but as I said earlier, the Documentation server is out of action....
Similar Threads
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
-
By brazilian in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By JaVelin >X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 AM
-
By nizki in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 03:19 PM
-
By .-=Ronin=-. in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)
$895.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99