-
HD install on a small HD (1.4Gb)
Sorry if this information is in another post, but the Documentation link isn't working, and I'm too lazy to trawl...
Although I'm not a complete newbie to linux (I can cope with using a shell...) how might I install Knoppix on the HD of my ageing laptop? It runs OK from the CD, and the X server runs ok - so I know it does work.
The beast (!) is an old Compaq Armada 1530:
48Mb RAM, and a 1.4Gb HDD.
(Pentium MMX for those interested)
I have tried using knoppix-install, but it demands 2Gb!!! (Some of us still live in a land where 512Mb was the HDD size, and RAM was counted in kilobytes, those were the days...)
Are there any params I can pass to knoppix-install to persuade it not to install everything (I can do without fancy Windowmanagers and the like, although a functional office suite would be nice)
Many thanks for any help!
Edit: I suspect a poor man's install is what is needed, but as I said earlier, the Documentation server is out of action....
Similar Threads
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
-
By brazilian in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By JaVelin >X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 AM
-
By nizki in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 03:19 PM
-
By .-=Ronin=-. in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung M323R4GA3BB0-CQKOL 32GB PC5-4800B DDR5 Memory
$430.00

Samsung M323R4GA3BB0-CQKOL 32GB PC5-4800B DDR5 Memory
$430.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00