I'm starting the process of writing a Knoppix book and need as much information about future releases as possible. Can anyone tell me if Knoppix V4.0 is likely to occur next year? Thanks.
I'm starting the process of writing a Knoppix book and need as much information about future releases as possible. Can anyone tell me if Knoppix V4.0 is likely to occur next year? Thanks.
Your best bet would be to email Klaus Knopper or Fabian Franz on the Knoppix development mailing list. You should be able to find the list info at the official Knoppix site: http://knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
I hope this helps.
James
What does the version number 4.0 mean to you? If they come out whit a new release with a number of additional features, does it matter if they call it 3.9, 3.17 or 4.0? For that matter, have you been around long enough to have several different 3.1 CD's all with different software and different release dates on them?Originally Posted by paunchy
So you're writing a Knoppix book? Maybe this http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15436 is of interest for you, too.
Greetings,
probono
Yes, it does help. I must admit that I'm a little intimidated by the language barrier. I guess there will be some English speakers on the list. Thanks.Originally Posted by UnderScore
The version number doesn't matter that much to me, but does to my publisher. At some point Klaus and the developers will decide to label a release 4.0. Looking at the sequence of the last 9 releases since 2001 (2.1,2.2,3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4,3.6,3.7) it looks like 4.0 might be coming up soon.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I'm relatively new to Knoppix but am having fun with it! The last live Linux CD that I tried was from Yggdrasil in 1994 and I never did get it to work correctly, so it's a real pleasure to use Knoppix.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99