-
Junior Member
registered user
Trying to install Radeon M11 Mobility -Problems!
Hi, I'm a complete newb, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I go along. I've installed knoppix on my laptop (A version of the mitac 8050) BUT it has a M11 gfx card in. Now reading through these forums I see that ATI aren't the best for linux support. I did grab their rpm driver and ran it through alien, but that buggered my system and I lost X from it, and I wasn't savvy enough to get it back, I had to rebuild 
So I've been trying to follow the experimental type driver from:
http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/deb...installer.html
I installed from the package manager, the driver, driver source, and the kernel source and then tried to follow the guide. I've now got to part 4 and it's stumped me. It's trying to get me to compile the module into the kernel, and I cant get it to happen with any of the methods it advises - make script, make from kernel, or make-kpkg. It needs me to install/unpack the sources for my kernel, which I think is 2.6.5 but when I went onto the package manager (which was probably the wrong thing to do!!) I couldn't find a kernal source for 2.6.5. I'm not sure how to do this.
So now I'm stuck! 
I'd like to install the driver for my card as I'm only getting about 500 from glxgears and I've read that this 128mb can do better than that?
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?
If you need any system info let me know, and I'll try and work out the command to get it!! lol
Thanks for any help
Mors
Similar Threads
-
By ilcheffe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
-
By mimamo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By jerzfr in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:41 AM
-
By Mrmagic97_99 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00