Do you mean to KDE? You shouldn't login to KDE as root. Use a VT, su and kdesu to do root stuff.
If you really want to change in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc AllowRootLogin=false to true.
After doing a dselect upgrade with apt, I cannot login to root account from the menu when the computer boots up. When I try it tells me Not allowed to log into root account. How do I enable this again?
Do you mean to KDE? You shouldn't login to KDE as root. Use a VT, su and kdesu to do root stuff.
If you really want to change in /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc AllowRootLogin=false to true.
Yes yes KDE. I've always had it set up like that. That is the way I like it. If it is passworded then there should be no problem. I'll give that a try.
That's what I want back. Thank you Markus for the help. /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc AllowRootLogin=false to true is What corrected my problem.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99