Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Best Sound Card for Knoppx?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Best Sound Card for Knoppx?

    Ok, I see I have to get a new sound card. My old Aureal 8810 just isn't supported.

    So, What' the best sound card?

    I've heard the Sound Blaster Live! is a good choice, the 16 bit version.

    Any other options?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I've recently been using usb based sound cards. They seem to work really well under Knoppix and the have great sound quality.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Sound Blaster is a good choice, all the linux sound servers have support for them and creative even offers drivers.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Sound Blaster AOK!

    All right, I just wanted to check back in. I pulled out the old Aureal 8810 card and put in the Sound Blaster 5.1 last night. The sound is noticably better.

    So, both operating systems have benefited: XP and Knoppix.

    Now I can play all my Windows wma files in Knoppix with Kaffeine. Yahoo!!!!!

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. The sound card is detected, but no sound.
    By rahoo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
  2. No sound w/ Live CD - onboard sound card, Asus/Via
    By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
  3. Glitchy sound with SB Live Value sound card
    By Iost in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
  4. Installing knoppx still compressed (using loadlin)
    By Lengths in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 09:28 AM
  5. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU picture

Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU

$2999.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00