Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wireless Card w/Knoppix 3.7

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19

    Wireless Card w/Knoppix 3.7

    Hi,

    I just downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and everything works great except that now it doesn't detect my linksys wireless card. Before when I was running Knoppix 3.6 all I had to do was use Ndiswrapper to get the drivers and then use wlanconfig to configure it. When I try to use Ndiswrapper it says that the driver is loaded but no cards were detected. Does anyone else have this kind of problem? And if so is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19
    I figured out what the problem was... For some reason it won't work under the 2.6 kernel. When I used the 2.4 it worked fine. Hope this might help someone else with the same problem.

  3. #3

    Wireless Card w/Knoppix 3.7

    Interesting

    I am using Knoppix with 3.7 and a Broadcom g card. I also get the installed, but hardware not present syndrom, but that not withstanding, if I go ahead and configure the WLAN it works. Very strange.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Card Not Found - Knoppix STD
    By nmaster64 in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 08:34 PM
  2. Knoppix V4 and Wireless card configuration
    By zillah in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 06:22 AM
  3. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  4. Linksys Wireless PCI Card and Knoppix
    By ys0304 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
  5. Knoppix with D-Link wireless card
    By nolisaurus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit picture

TEAMGROUP T-Force Zeus 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 Desktop RAM Kit

$199.99



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64GB 2x32GB DDR4-3600 CL18 PVB464G360C8K RAM Kit #P2 picture

Patriot Viper 4 Blackout 64GB 2x32GB DDR4-3600 CL18 PVB464G360C8K RAM Kit #P2

$349.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



ADATA XPG Spectrix White RGB AX4U320038G16-BW41 32GB DDR4 matching set of 8GB picture

ADATA XPG Spectrix White RGB AX4U320038G16-BW41 32GB DDR4 matching set of 8GB

$149.99