Sure you can replace the existing lilo with one from one of your new installations. The lilo.conf I used to boot Mandrake from a lilo installed by Knoppix is posted here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14660
And the lilo that I use is on hda4 and I can only now get to hda6 (kanotix) or hda7(Knoppix). When I now try to boot into the Mandrake OS on hda4 I get a bunch of permission denied errors. I made some changes to lilo and now need to run it from here (hda6) in order for them to take. Is this possible?
Sure you can replace the existing lilo with one from one of your new installations. The lilo.conf I used to boot Mandrake from a lilo installed by Knoppix is posted here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14660

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99