Quote Originally Posted by Simon_Haddad
Okay, Stephen...

I did what you said, using the settings reported by the Knoppix CD (resolutions, color depths, etc.) and my color depths got bumped up to 24 bit on both screens (thank you). Now how do I change my resolutions? I notice a DefaultDepth option but nothing like a DefaultResolution. Now what?
The default resolution is in the Modes line for the depth selected the first one on the line being used as the default if the monitor and card support it, so on this line 1024x768 is the default:
Code:
Modes     "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
Have you checked what the resolution you are running at now by opening the Info Center (in the System menu) and going into the Xservers option and checking the screens? If this shows you are still running at the lower resolution post the XF86Config-4 so we can look at it and some information on the cards.