Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Installing KNOPPIX.V3.6 Boot error message

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Installing KNOPPIX.V3.6 Boot error message

    Had a Knoppix live CD, booted successfully on my
    desktop. But wouldn't boot on my HP Pavillion zt1145 laptop.
    The message I get is: isolinux: boot checksum error, sorry ...
    Same CD works just fine on the desktop.
    I'll appreciate any help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2
    thanks for looking and not helping...nerds

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    thanks for looking and not helping...nerds
    Hmmmm. With that atitude I am not inclined to help you, but I will anyway.

    So it works on dekstop & not on laptop? Unfortunatley I can not nail down a perfect answer as I am not psychic. The laptop's CDROM drive may be picky about the brand or written speed of the CDRs that it can read. Similarly the desktop' CDROM drive may read all brands & all written speeds. I discovered a problem like this between two older almost identical systems. I narrowed it down to a poor quality CDROM drive. I replaced it and never had a problem since. In your case I doubt that you will replace the laptop's CDROM drive so you will have to try different CDRs burned at different speeds. When I burn a CDR for use in a 8+ year old CDROM drive I tend to burn them at 8X or 4X speed. It is now up to you to determin the cause of the problem.

    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. Error message by installing amarok with apt-get
    By evilsteff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
  2. Error message while installing
    By soulman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 09:04 PM
  3. configs.tbz/knoppix.sh related error message on boot
    By gadgerama in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
  4. Boot error message
    By Calvi Risorta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
  5. winxp, gentoo, knoppix, grub, and a boot error message
    By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99