-
Senior Member
registered user
thanks for looking and not helping...nerds
Hmmmm. With that atitude I am not inclined to help you, but I will anyway.
So it works on dekstop & not on laptop? Unfortunatley I can not nail down a perfect answer as I am not psychic. The laptop's CDROM drive may be picky about the brand or written speed of the CDRs that it can read. Similarly the desktop' CDROM drive may read all brands & all written speeds. I discovered a problem like this between two older almost identical systems. I narrowed it down to a poor quality CDROM drive. I replaced it and never had a problem since. In your case I doubt that you will replace the laptop's CDROM drive so you will have to try different CDRs burned at different speeds. When I burn a CDR for use in a 8+ year old CDROM drive I tend to burn them at 8X or 4X speed. It is now up to you to determin the cause of the problem.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By evilsteff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-16-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By soulman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2005, 09:04 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By Calvi Risorta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
-
By SgtRauksauff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

LOT OF 5 Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx1 PC4-2133P Desktop Memory
$130.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98