-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem writing to DOS file-system...
I have a HD installed Knoppix with 2 physical hard drives: hda, hdb. HDA is the Knoppix hard drive and has the basic partitions. HDB is a 1220MB HD with FreeDOS (W95 FAT32). There are also 2 partitions on hdb, a 1200 MB for the FreeDOS and a 20 MB for playing around. I'm trying to write some files to the hdb2 (20MB partition) and it keeps giving me the following error message: "Cannot create regular file <filename>: Read-only file system." I really don't know what's going on... How can I make this work?
Thanks
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Problem writing to DOS file-system...

Originally Posted by
Bidi
...."Cannot create regular file <filename>: Read-only file system." I really don't know what's going on... How can I make this work?Thanks
Knoppix by default will open a partition as read only (above all else, do no harm). You need to make it read/write. You can use the mount command from a shell. or you can right click on the icon for that partition and make it read/write under the actions choice in the pop up menu.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks, I was trying to do that using the Permission tab under Properties.
Similar Threads
-
By insolit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By aebp in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 09:16 PM
-
By MrBigTime in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By covici in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 12:20 PM
-
By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP
$304.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99