OK, I see that there must be some odd changes in 3.7.
After I finally found my oldest 3.4 disk it works as it should.
When I plug in a USB hard drive, shouldn't it show up on the desktop as hotplug and supermount?
I didn't try terminal mount command. I have tried both booting with the drive connected and without and later plugging it in.
Also, anyway to speed up Knoppix 3.7 while it is looking for /etc/fstab. Must take 20 minutes on a P300 IBM thinkpad.
I want to use diskpart but can't seem to get either the USB hard drive or my usb pegasus nic to work nor my wireless pcmcia to samba the file to. HELP!
OK, I see that there must be some odd changes in 3.7.
After I finally found my oldest 3.4 disk it works as it should.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI i7-4790K 16GB Mini-ITX Combo I/O Shield
$99.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99