OK, I see that there must be some odd changes in 3.7.
After I finally found my oldest 3.4 disk it works as it should.
When I plug in a USB hard drive, shouldn't it show up on the desktop as hotplug and supermount?
I didn't try terminal mount command. I have tried both booting with the drive connected and without and later plugging it in.
Also, anyway to speed up Knoppix 3.7 while it is looking for /etc/fstab. Must take 20 minutes on a P300 IBM thinkpad.
I want to use diskpart but can't seem to get either the USB hard drive or my usb pegasus nic to work nor my wireless pcmcia to samba the file to. HELP!
OK, I see that there must be some odd changes in 3.7.
After I finally found my oldest 3.4 disk it works as it should.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25