Has anyone been able to enable LDAP authentication in Knoppix? I have obtained a dynamic IP address from a DHCP server and have NFS mounted a drive on a file server. The files /etc/ldap/ldap.conf and /etc/nsswitch are configured with the correct LDAP values.
I want to be able to access the files on the server as a user who is in the LDAP database on the NFS mounted server.
Suppose I want to have access to files on the server owned by user "joe". When logged in as the root user, if I execute "su - joe", for example, then "Unknown id: joe" is returned.
How is the LDAP client in Knoppix started (if there is one!)? Are there other configuration issues in Knoppix that I am not aware of?
Thanks,
vanman

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95