-
Junior Member
registered user
Emulator
well im looking for an emulator so i can run windows applications in linux, ive heard of Wine (which i cant seem to find to download), and cedega which isnt free.. i was wondering if theres a free emulator out there.. any ideaS?
-
Senior Member
registered user
CrossOver Office!
It's not free, but it's VERY reasonably priced. I have it as part of my Knoppix HDD install to run Photoshop7
I highly recommend it. I use 4.2 Professional. It runs a lot of Windows stuff. I tried it with Word 97. Ran perfect.
I've also run a several open source Windows apps with it including
the entire Open Office Suite
Firefox 1.07 and 1.5
Plus a LOT of Windows games.
All under Knoppix!!!!
It's up to version 5.0 now I believe. I highly recommend it.
sakiZ
-
Junior Member
registered user
i actually download their trial version 5.0, but i need some help on installing the file.. its .sh and i have no idea on how to install it.. any ideas?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Since you're posting this in the Games forum, it's worth noting that games have typically been the worst area for emulators under Linux. It's one thing to manage to get a simple program written for Windows to display under the KDE GUI (and still no minor feet); it's quite another to also pull off 3D graphics at reasonable frame rates and without serious lag, quality sound, support for input devices, and maybe even network play without increasing ping times.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 05:29 AM
-
By prophet829 in forum Games
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:09 AM
-
By Bleim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 05:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00