Your best bet would be to email Klaus Knopper or Fabian Franz on the Knoppix development mailing list. You should be able to find the list info at the official Knoppix site: http://knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
I hope this helps.
James
I'm starting the process of writing a Knoppix book and need as much information about future releases as possible. Can anyone tell me if Knoppix V4.0 is likely to occur next year? Thanks.
Your best bet would be to email Klaus Knopper or Fabian Franz on the Knoppix development mailing list. You should be able to find the list info at the official Knoppix site: http://knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
I hope this helps.
James
What does the version number 4.0 mean to you? If they come out whit a new release with a number of additional features, does it matter if they call it 3.9, 3.17 or 4.0? For that matter, have you been around long enough to have several different 3.1 CD's all with different software and different release dates on them?Originally Posted by paunchy
So you're writing a Knoppix book? Maybe this http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15436 is of interest for you, too.
Greetings,
probono
Yes, it does help. I must admit that I'm a little intimidated by the language barrier. I guess there will be some English speakers on the list. Thanks.Originally Posted by UnderScore
The version number doesn't matter that much to me, but does to my publisher. At some point Klaus and the developers will decide to label a release 4.0. Looking at the sequence of the last 9 releases since 2001 (2.1,2.2,3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4,3.6,3.7) it looks like 4.0 might be coming up soon.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I'm relatively new to Knoppix but am having fun with it! The last live Linux CD that I tried was from Yggdrasil in 1994 and I never did get it to work correctly, so it's a real pleasure to use Knoppix.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00