-
Re: Version 4 in '05?

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
Your best bet would be to email Klaus Knopper or Fabian Franz on the Knoppix development mailing list. You should be able to find the list info at the official Knoppix site:
http://knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
I hope this helps.
James
Yes, it does help. I must admit that I'm a little intimidated by the language barrier. I guess there will be some English speakers on the list. Thanks.

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
What does the version number 4.0 mean to you? If they come out whit a new release with a number of additional features, does it matter if they call it 3.9, 3.17 or 4.0? For that matter, have you been around long enough to have several different 3.1 CD's all with different software and different release dates on them?
The version number doesn't matter that much to me, but does to my publisher. At some point Klaus and the developers will decide to label a release 4.0. Looking at the sequence of the last 9 releases since 2001 (2.1,2.2,3.0,3.1,3.2,3.3,3.4,3.6,3.7) it looks like 4.0 might be coming up soon.
I'm relatively new to Knoppix but am having fun with it! The last live Linux CD that I tried was from Yggdrasil in 1994 and I never did get it to work correctly, so it's a real pleasure to use Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By Bob White in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-26-2005, 11:01 PM
-
By freeballer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:51 PM
-
By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 12:25 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50