-
Senior Member
registered user
Need to reinstall a windows file through linux....
After partitioning and installing linux I tried to boot into XP and was given the following message:
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\SYSTEM32/hal.dll
Please reinstall a copy of the above file.
When I mount the drive and look in system32 I can see that it is there, so that must mean it is corrupt. How can I go about this in linux to fix this without reinstalling. I already tried recovery and that did not work. Is there another way? I can boot into Kanotix successfully and can still boot into live cds.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-17-2006, 03:59 AM
-
By tarekeldeeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
-
By algebraic in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 08:45 PM
-
By lotech in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 06:26 AM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$29.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$59.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (MZ7LN250HMJP) dell Lenovo hp
$32.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00