Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Connect to LAN

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    Connect to LAN

    I use CD based knoppix on an IBM thinkpad t41 with centrino. Wireless connection comes up no problem but I cannot connect to other machines on my LAN using their internal nat'd IPs. I have ssh port forwarded to another box on my LAN and connect to it via my external address. From there I can reach all other IPs on my LAN.

    I'm thinking it has something to do with the netmask but everything looks fine to me. Anyone else experienced this problem?


    Here's some key info from ifconfig:

    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet
    inet addr:192.168.0.161 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

    --

    And from another box on the LAN:

    etho
    inet addr:192.168.0.134 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    Kinda funny

    ... So the problem is that I'm actually connecting to the first available WLAN out there... which happens to be someone else's, which makes perfect sense in that I didn't have to enter my WEP key... or their's... which prolly means - yup default admin

Similar Threads

  1. connect to the net
    By jrev in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
  2. Still can't connect to LAN
    By byrdman in forum Networking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 09:51 PM
  3. how to connect thru VNC
    By redss in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
  4. can't connect to the net
    By sebke in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:11 PM
  5. How do I connect?
    By CrashedAgain in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 06:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99