-
Won't mount DVD drive
I posted before about my dvd not found using knoppix 3.4. I did a hd installation and after that it won't detect my dvd drive. I was told to use this command: -sf /dev/scd0/dev/dvd. It produced a command not found error. This OS doesn't detect this DVD drive. Without the drive this OS is useless. My drivers for my wireless are on my cd which of course is undetected by knoppix. I don't understand why this OS isn't plug and play. Keep in mind I have no experience with linux and wanted to install knoppix of which I would like to use. But without it detecting my DVD drive to say the least it's useless. If anyone actually knows how to make it detect my dvd drive I would sure appreciate it. If not I guess I'm stuck with Microwaste.
Similar Threads
-
By flowergardener in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 02:47 AM
-
By bokaroseani in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By pubo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
-
By bennettg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:53 AM
-
By akiruss in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Retro Working Macintosh SE SE30 Analog Board 820-0206-B 630-0147 w/Power Supply
$107.95

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67