Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Toshiba MINI PCI WLan adapter

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    Toshiba MINI PCI WLan adapter

    Hi
    I have a strange problem with this wifi card. It's a 802.11b that uses a lucent chipset (is a Toshiba mini pci 802.11b wlan). It worked the first time that I booted linux but since this It does not work. When Linux detects hardware seems to detect this card, but later the screen says "(Re) Starting PCMCIA devices" After this cardmgr exits whit code 1. After this there is no way to bring up wlan. Ethernet controller is on eth1 and works well. It's impossible to bring up eth0 and there aren't wireless modules loaded on system. If i try to load the orinoco drivers using modprobe i have the same result.

    Anybody know were can I read about this issue? Knoppix documentation is down and the information is not very clear about this drivers.

    Thanks you a lot.

    P.D. Also i have a problem with a winmodem on a Dell latitude C400, but this is another theme.....

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    OK
    The problem is solved.
    I just added the line "alias 3c95x eth0" to force onboard lan load on eth0. Now I have eth0 -> LAN and eth1 -> Wlan. I'm not sure wich was the problem but this fix it. Now I'm interested in sharing internet from a Knoppix box with a lan card and a wlan card to anther laptop with a wifi card too. I'll use a subnet for lan and other for wifi.
    Wich is the best/easy way to configure the knoppix laptop to share internet and network between lan & wifi?

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    internet from a Knoppix box with a lan card and a wlan card to anther laptop with a wifi card
    i gues you just have to start the ipforwarding on the "knoppix box".

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3
    Yes, I think that this is the point but I'm trying "the easy way". There is a software called "easyguide" that helps with the configuration (ip forwarding, iptables, ipchains....). The same page offers a GUI firewall that complements this software. I'll test it this weekend. I'll post here the results.
    Any suggestion or experience is welcome.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Where did you add the "alias 3c95x eth0" line? I am having the same problem with the card manager exiting with code 1

    Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
  2. NDIS WAN MINI Adapter in knoppix HOW TO?
    By kimbo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 07:39 PM
  3. Recommended USB WLAN adapter?
    By Gorkon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 05:57 PM
  4. No WLAN adapter found (ipw2100)
    By ziginet in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
  5. Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card- anyone get this...
    By h0mersimps0n in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00