Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Missing Files on iso9660?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Missing Files on iso9660?

    Whenever I eject the Knoppix CD and mount a new one ("umount -l /dev/scd0;eject /dev/scd0;mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom"), it seems to be missing files off of it...

    I've tried lots of different disks, and it seems other 'system' CDs (Morphix, Slack 10 CD1&2, etc) work fine, certain disks don't display ANYTHING, and others randomly pick 10 files and display them (mounting it a different time will show different files than the first time)...

    If I boot to a kernel I configured myself, it works just fine, CDs mount, everything's displayed, etc. The CD/DVDs I burned that aren't 'system' CDs are burned as standard rock ridge iso9660...

    Uh... what's going on? It should have nothing to do with the Knoppix CD not being in, as the iso stuff is compiled in (isofs isn't displayed on lsmod). This is the same on both the Knoppix 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel...

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Missing Files on iso9660?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri
    Whenever I eject the Knoppix CD and mount a new one ("umount -l /dev/scd0;eject /dev/scd0;mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom"), it seems to be missing files off of it...

    I've tried lots of different disks, and it seems other 'system' CDs (Morphix, Slack 10 CD1&2, etc) work fine, certain disks don't display ANYTHING, and others randomly pick 10 files and display them (mounting it a different time will show different files than the first time)...

    If I boot to a kernel I configured myself, it works just fine, CDs mount, everything's displayed, etc. The CD/DVDs I burned that aren't 'system' CDs are burned as standard rock ridge iso9660...

    Uh... what's going on? It should have nothing to do with the Knoppix CD not being in, as the iso stuff is compiled in (isofs isn't displayed on lsmod). This is the same on both the Knoppix 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel...

    Any ideas?
    I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: Missing Files on iso9660?

    Quote Originally Posted by firebyrd10
    I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.
    Could you explain what you mean? What exactly did you do?

    "mount -t auto /dev/scd0 /cdrom"?

    Doing the above didn't work.... I'm not sure what you mean though :/

    I have a bash script that is loaded every boot, I can just tack whatever on the end of it if you have a solution

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    I think the command would be

    mount -a /dev/cdrom0 /cdrom

Similar Threads

  1. Missing NTLDR files no solutions work!
    By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
  2. Missing Source Files -Cloop-2.02-1
    By BillS in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
  3. klik website missing files
    By DaleEMoore in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 03:03 PM
  4. apt problem: files list file missing
    By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$50.00



Atari Basic - Learning by Using by Thomas E. Rowley picture

Atari Basic - Learning by Using by Thomas E. Rowley

$25.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT  Tested with Box picture

Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT Tested with Box

$345.00