Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Missing Files on iso9660?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Missing Files on iso9660?

    Whenever I eject the Knoppix CD and mount a new one ("umount -l /dev/scd0;eject /dev/scd0;mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom"), it seems to be missing files off of it...

    I've tried lots of different disks, and it seems other 'system' CDs (Morphix, Slack 10 CD1&2, etc) work fine, certain disks don't display ANYTHING, and others randomly pick 10 files and display them (mounting it a different time will show different files than the first time)...

    If I boot to a kernel I configured myself, it works just fine, CDs mount, everything's displayed, etc. The CD/DVDs I burned that aren't 'system' CDs are burned as standard rock ridge iso9660...

    Uh... what's going on? It should have nothing to do with the Knoppix CD not being in, as the iso stuff is compiled in (isofs isn't displayed on lsmod). This is the same on both the Knoppix 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel...

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Missing Files on iso9660?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri
    Whenever I eject the Knoppix CD and mount a new one ("umount -l /dev/scd0;eject /dev/scd0;mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom"), it seems to be missing files off of it...

    I've tried lots of different disks, and it seems other 'system' CDs (Morphix, Slack 10 CD1&2, etc) work fine, certain disks don't display ANYTHING, and others randomly pick 10 files and display them (mounting it a different time will show different files than the first time)...

    If I boot to a kernel I configured myself, it works just fine, CDs mount, everything's displayed, etc. The CD/DVDs I burned that aren't 'system' CDs are burned as standard rock ridge iso9660...

    Uh... what's going on? It should have nothing to do with the Knoppix CD not being in, as the iso stuff is compiled in (isofs isn't displayed on lsmod). This is the same on both the Knoppix 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel...

    Any ideas?
    I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: Missing Files on iso9660?

    Quote Originally Posted by firebyrd10
    I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.
    Could you explain what you mean? What exactly did you do?

    "mount -t auto /dev/scd0 /cdrom"?

    Doing the above didn't work.... I'm not sure what you mean though :/

    I have a bash script that is loaded every boot, I can just tack whatever on the end of it if you have a solution

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    I think the command would be

    mount -a /dev/cdrom0 /cdrom

Similar Threads

  1. Missing NTLDR files no solutions work!
    By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
  2. Missing Source Files -Cloop-2.02-1
    By BillS in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
  3. klik website missing files
    By DaleEMoore in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 03:03 PM
  4. apt problem: files list file missing
    By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA) picture

Lot of 24 SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM Server Ram (AVA)

$11999.95



Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T-LD1-11 Server RAM M386A4G40DM1-CRC5Q picture

Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T-LD1-11 Server RAM M386A4G40DM1-CRC5Q

$119.00



(LOT OF 20) *MIXED BRAND* 8GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

(LOT OF 20) *MIXED BRAND* 8GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$160.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Lot of 12 SK Hynix HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC RAM picture

Lot of 12 SK Hynix HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC RAM

$749.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested picture

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested

$4200.00



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99



Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC picture

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC

$370.00