I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.Originally Posted by Aeiri
Whenever I eject the Knoppix CD and mount a new one ("umount -l /dev/scd0;eject /dev/scd0;mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom"), it seems to be missing files off of it...
I've tried lots of different disks, and it seems other 'system' CDs (Morphix, Slack 10 CD1&2, etc) work fine, certain disks don't display ANYTHING, and others randomly pick 10 files and display them (mounting it a different time will show different files than the first time)...
If I boot to a kernel I configured myself, it works just fine, CDs mount, everything's displayed, etc. The CD/DVDs I burned that aren't 'system' CDs are burned as standard rock ridge iso9660...
Uh... what's going on? It should have nothing to do with the Knoppix CD not being in, as the iso stuff is compiled in (isofs isn't displayed on lsmod). This is the same on both the Knoppix 2.4 kernel and 2.6 kernel...
Any ideas?
I had a problem like that before, making mount automaticly set the fs worked nicely. Though it would be a bother to do every time you booted.Originally Posted by Aeiri
Could you explain what you mean? What exactly did you do?Originally Posted by firebyrd10
"mount -t auto /dev/scd0 /cdrom"?
Doing the above didn't work.... I'm not sure what you mean though :/
I have a bash script that is loaded every boot, I can just tack whatever on the end of it if you have a solution![]()
I think the command would be
mount -a /dev/cdrom0 /cdrom

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00